Vicky A's Diary
Starting 2day, I'll be posting the article named "Vicky A's Diary" - the expression of my love for Rani. This is the article that I gave her in may '05 and after which she said - "Hum achhe dost rahenge"

START



24th Sep '02, Tuesday.
The 1st day of our college. The beginning of a new life, the stepping-stone for the future. A whole new environment. A bunch of unknown people all around you. Maybe someday, some of them will be my friends,friends for a lifetime. But it surely will take some time. So, let the time take its course & hope for the best.

18th Oct '02, Friday.
Rani didn’t attend the classes today. Maybe she was busy somewhere else. But hey, why am I bothered! Who is she! Not even a friend. Just a girl I am observing for last few days. But why? Actually, she is not just any other girl. She is a bit different. A beautiful girl, with a lot of innocence in her eyes and a bit of unexplored uneasiness too. Arriving at the last minute, last bench corner seat, attending lectures, taking notes, the last person to leave the class. This is Rani. It’s almost a month since our 1st day, but I didn’t see her smile for even a single moment till date. And don’t know why, I wanna see this girl smile.

29th Jan '03, Wednesday
I couldn’t talk to her even today. Don’t know why, but I just couldn’t sum up the courage to talk to her. Afterall, who am I? What am I? A mediocre student with no credibility, no personality, no great looks, nothing great to boost of. Don’t know how she will react if I approach her.

19th Dec '03, Friday.
Today I found a new friend. Rani, my 1st girlfriend down here. ‘Girl’ friend, not ‘girlfriend’.

I called her after the class and said “Mujhe pehchanti ho?” At 1st she was perplexed. But on getting the joke, there was this cute smile on her face.(“Tumhe kaun nahi pehchanta!” Really?)
I wish I could show her how pretty she looks with her smile. That was the beginning of our friendship.
Hope this ‘Pretty Woman’ becomes one of those ‘friends 4 ever’. Keep smiling.

6th Jan '04, Tuesday.
The 1st Tuesday of the new year showed me something I never want to see. Dew drops dripping from heaven. Rani was in tears, mumbling on how she failed to execute her lab program. She was very much upset and needed a cozy shoulder. But the stupid me couldn’t do anything to cheer her up but stand beside like a mummy. I just couldn’t understand what was happening to me. Every teardrop in her eyes was hurting me like hell. I wanted to change the world for her, so that it doesn’t hurt her anymore. Maybe, that’s what true friends are for. Besides, I can always feel the pain of others.
I am too good a person you know.

1st April '04, Thursday
Have you ever lost a friend? Pray not. Ek dost ko kho dene ka darr kya hota hain, ye maine aaj mehsus kiya. I never knew the situation could take such a turn. Just a little practical joke and my friendship was at stake.

When I gave her the folded paper, she went nervous and was looking nervous throughout the class. The very thought of her face turning baby pink on getting the joke was amusing me like anything. But when she didn’t respond at the end of morning classes and even during the afternoon session, it was my turn to get worried. She hadn’t read the paper yet. But why? Was she really that much afraid. What if she tears it apart or throws it away even without reading it once??? For the rest of her life, she will think that I had given her a love letter. Those last two periods were the most uneasy moments of my entire life. Each passing second felt like never ending years. Don’t know what she was thinking of me. Maybe something wrong.
The very feeling of losing a dear friend just out of misunderstanding was killing me. It was only at the end of the day that she confessed “that was funny” and brought me out of the living hell. I wish I don’t have to face such situations ever again. Humari dosti ko kisi ki najar na lage.


Lesson learnt: no more practical jokes now onwards.

{To BE CONCLUDED}